What are your rights when you change your mind on an item and want to cancel or return it? And what do you do if something goes wrong with a purchase?

That all depends on what item you’ve purchased and where it was bought.

More information on consumer rights can be found on this website and from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

If you experience any problems with a business not providing a service as you feel they should, organisations such as Trading Standards are there to help you.

Meanwhile, issues with your bank, insurance company or financial institution can be raised with the Financial Ombusman, which is a free, impartial service that will hear both sides of the story and give advice based on the facts.  Similarly, there are Ombudsmen to help with grievances with energy companies, communications outfits, property firms and airlines and they can also help advise you of your consumer rights.

See the following useful links below.